Pre Requisites to Update ICS official CM9 ROM on LG L3 E400:
- We recommend you to take a backup of your all data. Because after installing the ROM your previous data will be lost.
- SMS – How to Backup Messages
- Contacts – Sync with Gmail App
- Videos, Images, Songs and Other Files – Copy to internal / External SD card or System
- APN Settings – Take Manual Note from “Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
- And have minimum 60% charge in your mobile battery. This will help your phone to don’t get switched off.
How to Install ICS on LG Optimus L3 E400:
- First your phone must be rooted. Check this – How to Root LG Optimus L3 E400
- And You need to install ClockWorkMod Recovery – How to install ClockWorkMod Custom Recovery on Lg Optimus L3
- Download the Official ICS CM9 ROM – Here
- Connect your phone with PC using USB Cable.
- Transfer the downloaded file to your SD card.
- Then you need to restart your phone in Recovery mode. Switch off the phone and restart in Recovery mode by pressing, Power Button + Volume Down + Menu button together.
- Then you will move on to ClockworkMod Recovery page. You can navigate using Volume buttons and select an option by pressing Menu or Home button.
- Now select Wipe option and make Wipe data. And also do Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Then select “Install Zip from SD Card” and select “Choose zip from SD card”.
- And browse and select the downloaded file in SD Card.
- In a few seconds the ICS official CM9 ROM will be installed on your LG Optimus L3 E400.
- Then select “Go Back” and then select “Reboot System Now”.